Look, there’s something that I need to get off my chest. I’ve been thinking about this for a long time. Hell, ever since I started this biznez, to be honest.
You’ve been lying to yourself.
Every day that you get out of bed and tell yourself, “I’ll start tomorrow.”
Every day that you let go by without promoting what you do (because self promotion is ick in your mind).
Every time that you say, “I can’t have what I want. I don’t deserve it.”
Every moment that you let go by with a shoddy online presence and think, “I can’t afford web design. It’s too expensive and the process is too scary.”
You’re lying. Even if you think that I’m bullshitting you, you’re bullshitting yourself. Stop it, damn it.
I don’t want you to sit around and twiddle your thumbs, just waiting to make money. (I want you to appreciate the art of earning.) I can’t stand it that you’re waiting when I want you to shine now. So, instead of whining about it, I’m going do something about that dishonest little bastard that’s crawled into your heart and is whispering lies in your soul. (He didn’t get the memo that he was fired.)
You need (creative) insight. And I’m going to provide it.
I’ve been teasing out a process for the last year and half, determined to draft a somewhat-scientific formula to developing beautiful, meaningful online spaces that are primed for evolution.
I’m going to give you the birds eye view into what a violetminded Design looks like. (I’ve never done this, y0.)
- We talk. We schmooze. We do some online canoodling and determine if we’re well and truly in love. If we are, we get jazzed and primed for the process.
- You sit down with my Design Questionnaire. You take it to your favourite cafe and spend an afternoon with it. You let the questions percolate like a finely ground espresso. Your answers move mountains. I weep with joy.
- I put on my best Design(er) Panties. I traipse around the interwebs to find your comRADs and see what they’re up to. I make notes on what they’re rockin’ at. I make notes on what you can do to fill gaps. I look at their visual identities and see how we can spin your web dreams around (light) constraints.
- I glean the best bits from the stories you’ve told me in your Questionnaire answers. I spin gold threads from the research and the answers. I weave those threads into what will become the tapestry of your visually-charged voice and visual language: a Creative Insight.
- We both drink a glass of sangria and get our chat on about the Creative Insight. I tell you that I’m madly in love with your work. (You may tell me that you want to run away with me. We make big plans about escaping to Bali for a weekend. And then drink another glass.)
- Then, the technical bits: wireframing, a Photoshop mockup (omgee, the shininess!), and finally, a coded site.
That Creative Insight that we get mildly drunk over? That’s where the real magic happens. I’ve made clients weep with joy over their Creative Insights. (Which made me all teary and then we were all messes for, like, twenty minutes while we got our shit together again.)
I’ve spent a year and a half really refining this process. This is exactly what you — my darling creative entrepreneur — have been asking me for.
Design is too expensive. I can’t afford the time. I’m scared. I NEED A HUG.
Not anymore. (AND I LOVE HUGS.)
The Creative Insight being offered all by its lonesome allows you to get your feet wet in the design process without committing to a design package. (I do give you a decent discount on my design services, if you’re foaming at the mouth for more.)
The Pricetag: $750
What it Includes
- Research into your area of awesomeness
- Two (2) sessions on Skype to dig into your “w’s”. And chat!
- An artfully crafted digital document the combines the results of research, deep listening, and your articulated “w’s” to reveal your visual voice
- Thirty minute (30 minute) follow-up to make sure everything’s sitting right
- Coil-bound, professionally printed copy of your Creative Insight sent to the place of your choice
- Style guide for your visual language
- Purchased typefaces, zipped and emailed
- 15% discount on all violetminded design services
I want you to have one. For free. Right now.
I’m serious. (I’m rarely serious. Srsly.)
I will be giving away two Creative Insights ($750 value) to the first two people that fill out the Design Questionnaire and either tweet me or Facebook me to let me know that it’s on its way to my inbox.
Since those two went like hotcakes before I even got my ass out of bed this morning, I’m doing something else.
3 2 Creative Insights at $500.
Why? I adore you and you deserve to have a beautiful, meaningful online space. And this is the first step in that direction.